Sunday, June 28, 2009

Etsy Twitter Team Goes Green and So Do I

Our July event is called "Go Green with the Etsy Twitter Team"! It will take place July 21-27. It will focus on organic, herbal, upcycled, recycled, and eco-friendly products from our team. More on this to come as our event nears.

I create artisan jewelry using imported Italian glass and PMC or Art Clay Silver. I also create one of a kind silver jewelry supplies and findings for the jewelry designers of the world.  I was curious as to  the process of making fine silver clay. I started to research and found much to my surprise that I was really a green artist and didn't know it.

Did you know that PMC or Art Clay Silver is a totally recycled product? Photographic film has silver in it. This silver is collected and repurposed into silver clay. The silver particles are combined with a binder which makes the silver pliable like clay. I can then shape it anyway I want, and combine it with other materials, from glass to semi-precious and precious stones. I can paint it, I can enamel it. It is a a wonder product for a jewelry designer. I the end you have fine jewelry. The silver that is left after firing the clay in a kiln is 99.9 silver unlike sterling silver which is 92.5 silver. The result is a sparkling silver product that is much more resistant to tarnish than sterling.

Attn Jewelry designers:  If you want to go green just add my art clay silver findings to your jewelry creations. Handmade artisan fine silver Leaf Toggle

Attn Jewelry lovers: If you want to go green just add my art clay silver jewelry to your jewelry wardrobe.PMC handmade fine silver artisan earrings with black onyx beads and swarovski crystals

Please visit my websites

http://beadsofglass.etsy.com
http://beadsofglass.artfire.com
http://wildorchidpotteryandart.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/wildorchidbeads

 

1 comment:

My Mother's Garden said...

Fascinating and interesting information...I never knew the recycled silver process of Art Silver Clay.