Saturday, October 17, 2009

Original White Desert Sands OIl and Acrylic by beadsofglass


This is the first time I have listed one of my paintings on Etsy so here it is.

Original White Desert Sands OIl and Acrylic by beadsofglass


Surreal Painting of the White Desert 28w x22h unframed. Needs frame as is not gallery wrapped. I hope this painting will give you the feel of lonliness and vastness that I felt creating it.Yet I knew God was there. Signed and certificate of authenticity.

Desert Places
by: Robert Frost

Snow falling and night falling fast, oh, fast
In a field I looked into going past,
And the ground almost covered smooth in snow,
But a few weeds and stubble showing last.

The woods around it have it--it is theirs.
All animals are smothered in their lairs.
I am too absent-spirited to count;
The loneliness includes me unawares.

And lonely as it is that loneliness
Will be more lonely ere it will be less--
A blanker whiteness of benighted snow
With no expression, nothing to express.

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars--on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: